06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - Confused X-Trail Owner
My X Trail vibrates when accelerating above 40 mph. My local dealership have informed me that "all they can think of" is that the drive shafts are bent. There are no signs of damage and of course the warranty would not cover the work (which amounts to £1500). Any thoughts would be much appreciated as to whether this is an accurate diagnosis or whether the vibration could be caused by anything else. Nothing has happened to the vehicle since we bought it (May 08) that could have caused such damage.
06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - injection doc
depends on what type of vibration wether its harsh or just a severe wobble. I would get a 2nd opinion but it could be a worn drive shaft causing the problem. I seem to recall comming across this issue a few years ago on an x trail
06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - Number_Cruncher
>>is that the drive shafts are bent.

If they're bent, then, ask the garage to measure how far they are bent. If the shaft is exposed, it shouldn't be more than half an hour's work.

06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - Esmerelda
Sounds like my XTrail is doing the exact same thing!! Excessive vibration at higher speeds. New tires helped the shake in the steering but haven't helped the shaking in the seats which is very annoying. Its still under warranty and the dealer says there is nothing wrong with it. Have you gotten yours fixed?
06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - nissan xtrail
Hi I recently bought a 2005 Nissan Xtrail has only done 60k but shakes when I accelerate over 85km/HR. If I put it in neutral at this speed no shaking occurs, it's only on accelerating, and worse up hills. I have had the wheels balenced and just all engine mounts change but it's still shaking just as bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
06 2.2 Bent drive shafts? - xtrailfrance

I have a similarly infuriating problem on my T30, 2002 model. Have you had any success in finding the solution? I have a tendancy to think yhat it is the drive shaft wear but it could be tyres. I think that it started after a tyre change but can't be certain. When it comes in i have the whole of the front end that shakes from side to side. Somedays it is quite normal but the more miles you do the more likely it is to kick in (heat) I also seem to think that it is when driving hard, accelerating, or after having decelerated & than re-accelerated. Somebody must have the solution somewhere!