03 1.9 tdi non starter - africaman
Just wondering if any of you's guys have ever encountered anything like this,having replaced the front disc's and pad s the week prior I am now left with a non-running vehicle,which gives me all the faults displays,but points to there being a fault in the abs system,it will turn over but not start and does not display the glow plug light in the display when the ignition is turned on,Everyone I have consulted says this has to be taken to a dealer for diagnosis.how does it go from a running vehicle to a breakdown with no prior warning,the audi dealer at which it presently is have placed it on their machine and comeback saying it will not communicate with there computer,surely this was the aim of these machines to narrow problem down,their now telling me it could possibly require a few hrs labour to issolate the problem,no guarantees.where do I go from here????????

so much for audi reliability and customer satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
don't feel much like a happy owner right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03 1.9 tdi non starter - bbroomlea{P}
>>so much for audi reliability and customer satisfaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant help with your problem but I can sympathise with any type of customer service you might be getting with Audi - theyre abysmal. I have been waiting 3 months for a phone call for my corrosion issues on my 2002 A4. They have rejected the claim once, agreed a second look and now have resorted to ignoring me - wonder why?

All I would say is dont pay their dealer prices - there are lots of good VAG independants around - where in the country are you? Someone may be able to point you in the right direction!
I have found one that seems really good and doesnt charge the earth either. I had the 'usual' windscreen wiper issue that was going to be £300 at the dealer as it needed a whole new assembly - £50 later and 'its a common problem' comment later from the independant and my wipers were working as good as new!!

03 1.9 tdi non starter - africaman
In relation to your corrosion issue don't know how they can dispute it when they give a 12 yrs corrosion guarantee on all ther cars ,I'm in manchester,asked the Q about this fault to a few vag garages and been pointed to the dealer unfortunately,what windsreen wiper fault are u on about,bud????????????????????
03 1.9 tdi non starter - bbroomlea{P}
>>In relation to your corrosion issue don't know how they can dispute it when they give a 12 yrs corrosion guarantee

Neither do I - They have said its due to stone chips in the front wings! Bearing in mind it has a full service history, never been in an accident (its been family owned since it had 8 miles on the clock) and is galvanised is a mystery. I have given up as getting rid soon anyway.

Regarding the wipers - the wiper mechanism seizes up and stops them working - usually starts by sweeping very slowly and then stopping altogether. Common on Passats as well according to the local VAG independant - he recons he does about 5 a week!