interior fabric repair kit - carlwest
hello all,

i have just bought a car that has cigarette burns and i have seen repair kits for this sought of thing , can anyone tell me are they any good ! i no there are companies that can come out and fix burns and use it, just wondered if any of you have ?

this is a website that has 1 sought but there maybe others

www.repairproducts.co.uk/page5.htm

what do you think

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/02/2009 at 00:32

interior fabric repair kit - deepwith
I cannot get your link to work.
I only paid £29 to get a whole section of seat fabric replaced with matching fabric on a Scenic, admittedly a few years ago, even so wonder whether it is worth the effort to use/test out a kit?
interior fabric repair kit - Dynamic Dave
I cannot get your link to work.

It should work now.

That aside, I'm trying to recall the name of the company Dominic Littlewood used to repair a Zafira seat with a fag burn, and a Honda with a bent door trim in the tv programme Wrecks to Riches that gets shown on Sky periodically.
interior fabric repair kit - carlwest
sorry about the link , :

realy its just a bit of insight as to any of the diy fabric repair kits im after , like you say wrecks to riches had it done and what i am hoping is, are the diy kits the same as the interior companies !!

i have done a bit of research on the net and theres a choice of using actual fabric , i supose cutting old out and patching in with glues or the newer type mixing different fibres to get the colour you want and then with a trim pencil matching the original trim

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3501...5

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageNam...1

i hope these links work