03 2.0D Renewing Injector Seals - Giggles
My car seems to be overdue for injector seal renewal (75k) buy 16,000 miles.
I bought it at 89k and I've 91k on it now. I was advised by the dealer (independent) to change the copper washers under the injectors every time I service (every 5k or so) or I would end up cracking the injector holders (I think - looks like a wall-tie or two Y's stuck end-to-end).
Are these copper washers the seals that are mentioned? If so, is it a big job to do with the injectors having to be correctly torqued back on. Would it be expensive to get the dealer to do this?
Thanks.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/02/2009 at 23:15

03 2.0D Renewing Injector Seals - cj1000
hi you only need to repace the injecor seals when the valve clearences are carried
out as the injectors need to be removed this is carried out on the 12500 and 75k service
they are a copper crush disk (if the injector is removed for repair they must also be replaced). there is a recomended torque setting for the injectos and one for the pipes (don't over tighten the pipes as can cause running issues). It would take a dealer a round an hour to do valve clearences (and reset the injection pattern with the diag machine) but the seals are expensive. Hope this helps.
03 2.0D Renewing Injector Seals - Giggles
Cheers for the info.
Are you taking in hundreds or in thousands? Hopefully not thousands as I really need to get these two things done and I've also got the fuel pump fail to come soon (92k on car at the moment). Do they charge big bucks for the diag machine part too?

Edited by Giggles on 09/02/2009 at 01:48

03 2.0D Renewing Injector Seals - cj1000
hi 12500 miles or year 1 75000 mles or 6 years (with the cambelt) 1/2 an hour should do for the diag machine (at the very most 1 hour for the whole job) hope this helps.