Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - bazza1603
Hi,

Has anyone bought one or know much about the Kia Carens 7 seat Auto that are currently on offer via speciliast dealers.

Wife and me really taken about the cars, but am worried about warranty, parts and insurance.

On the delivery stickers they show Singapore....Why?

Thanks

Baz

Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - colinh
Assume you've read HJ's road test and c-b-c.

I've a cee'd with the 2.0 petrol auto (I don't think it's available in UK) and it's fine. I'm averaging 38 mpg over 5,000 miles - rural use and motorway (don't do traffic jams). The 4-speed auto was a bit a change from a VW diesel DSG box, but no complaints so far.

Insurance grouping was 6 as opposed to Golf's 13 - warranty on the Carens is 5 years I believe
Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - Pugugly
Second question - either grey imports or a re-directed order (Singapore is a RHD Country) - might be worth asking the dealer - is it a Franchise ?
Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - Happy Blue!
I have rented two in the last year. Whilst not as sophisticated as a Mazda5 for instance, they drove well and seemed solidly put together. The economy was not great, but not unreasonable for the type of suburban driving I was doing.
Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - Old Navy
Worth checking if they match the UK spec.
Anyone got a 2.0 Automatic one... - Altea Ego
Assume you've read HJ's road test and c-b-c.
I've a cee'd with the 2.0 petrol auto (I don't think it's available in UK)
and it's fine. I'm averaging 38 mpg over 5 000 miles -

The carens is a bigger car, worse aerodynamics and an older design than the ceed.

I drove a carens - it was a hateful barge. Poor ride, poor handling, looks horrid and possibly the worse gearchange I ever used.

Edited by Altea Ego on 31/01/2009 at 19:29

Carens actually a nice driver with a decent auto gear change, compared to my last auto a 1988 Honda Legend. I have tried a manual box ina Magnetis and agree its not up to much.

Its down to these two, but me and wife both want different cars. Life wants a VX Zafira 1600. very nice to look at and is far superior inside. However for smoothness especially pulling away Caren wins for me. However I think a bigger engine Zafira may be the answer.

Carens is £1400 cheaper and is new hopefully with a 09 plate. Zafira is 4 months old.

Arrggghh wish I had a bigger budget.....
Just incase anyone ever comes across this thread...

I opted for the Vauxhall 1600 Life Zafira....

Best MPG to date 32 MPG
Average MPG 26

Therefore if I did this exercise again I would have opted for the newer car and price saving and got the Carens. I was worried about a 2.0 auto MPG, but on the Zafira's figures need not have worried

Baz