2005 2.0 ABS - knighthawk
My traction control warning light (Sport DSG) came on. My Local dealer wants the best part of £1500 to replace the abs sensor. I have only done 24k since new. This is the second one they have had recently. Has any one else had this problem?
2005 2.0 ABS / ESP light - Fiat500
My Touran is a 2005 2.0 TDi DSG, covered 43k and always main dealer serviced. The ESP light came on permanently last week, so I looked at various forums including vwaudiforum.co.uk and clubtouran.net to find its a well known problem on tourans and Mk5 golfs. Owners report getting goodwill contributions from VW of up to 70% of the cost, depending on how far out of warranty and whether dealer serviced. Got mine diagnosed yesterday and VW offered 40% (I'm only 3 months beyond warranty, so not happy). Dealer offered another 15% (which gets matched by VW) as I had previous car serviced by them for 8 years. So right now I'm looking at 70%, so perhaps I should be satisfied.

However, if the problem is as widespread as forums suggest I think VW ought to be offering more, so I'm going to try for it. My own dealer has seen the problem on 3 or 4 tourans previously, so if it's the same for other dealers it's not as rare as VW try to make out.