The best of driving, the worst of driving - Citroënian {P}
Pnawn da

Just sat in the marvelous Pete's Eats in Llanberis at the end of a fantastic break in Anglesey (now with free Wifi - hooray!)

Have been bemused by the driving here - some of the most courteous around the country lanes and everyone smiles and waves and it's all very nice. However, on the single carriageway roads, everyone drives about three inches off your bumper, regardless of how fast you're going (and I'm usually within 2-3mph of the speed limit). They're not driving aggressively I don't think but everyone seems to have forgotten their braking-thinking distance is something like 30feet in front of my bonnet....

Still, eggs, beans, sausage and chips a pint of tea and another look at the wonderful scenery on this beautiful cloudless day will allieviate the tension!

The best of driving, the worst of driving - Pugugly
Pete's Eats eh ? By chance I had a photo of Yr Wyddfa e-mailed to me today - covered in its winter coat, with a slight clouding at the summit all bathed in a glorious afternoon sun. Superb. Excellent driving roads around there where you can have fun at the national limit (especially in a RWD car !).

You are within two miles (Brynrefail) of a close friend where we stay quite regularly - excellent doggy walking area as well.

Enjoy them roads and don't let on that they're not as rigorously speed camerad as people make out !
The best of driving, the worst of driving - doctorchris
Have you come across my favourite Welsh traffic obstruction yet?
On a typical and very narrow Welsh country lane, 2 farmers in their Landies, stopped,facing in opposite directions and conversing, blocking the whole road.
Iechyd da!
The best of driving, the worst of driving - Harleyman
This one is far more common...

tinyurl.com/dnbmf4
Cheaper and more obedient than a dog though.
The best of driving, the worst of driving - Alby Back
Favoured in Wales I understand...but do they fetch newspapers?
Probably a subsidy for that very task.
The best of driving, the worst of driving - NowWheels
This one is far more common...
tinyurl.com/dnbmf4

Aah, a Land Rover.;-) Actually, they're not too much a nuisance, and are quite A Good Thing when used on a farm rather than as urban toys.