03 1.4 Hesitation from when trying to accelerate - stairman
Had a few problems recently see previous threads. Had the top threaded core plugs resealed due to water leaks. Had a mis-fire (engine management light flashing), replaced spark plugs, leads and coils. Car seemed to run better - no mis-fire. The only issue now is that when asking the car to accelerate it gives a slight hesitation then accelerates. There is no engine management light flashing and it does not happen all the time. Have had the car to Ford for a service and paid for it to be tested on the engine analyser, only comment was that the "PCM needed calibrating" which was done as part of the analyser charge. This still has not fixed the problem, before I go back to Ford has anyone got any ideas.

Edited by Pugugly on 13/01/2009 at 21:54

03 1.4 Hesitation from engine when trying to accel - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Dirty injectors could give you this problem as could low fuel pressure. Where do you normally fill up?
03 1.4 Hesitation from engine when trying to accel - stairman
Thanks for the reply. I have had the problem since before xmas. My wife uses Sainsbury's petrol (convenient), so I added STP injector cleaner and brimmed it before xmas. It is now nearing a re-fill and there has been no improvement dispite me taking it for a couple of longer distance blasts. As for fuel pressure would this not show through-out the rev range?
03 1.4 Hesitation from engine when trying to accel - jbm
Did you find out the problem?
03 1.4 Hesitation from engine when trying to accel - stairman
No, still trying to diagnose. Latest thoughts are could it be the throttle body or MAF sensor problems, anybody out there got any thoughts.
03 1.4 Hesitation from engine when trying to accel - unthrottled
Just a thought-does this engine have a cable operated throttle or a 'drive by wire' type?