1999 1.2 8v Water ingress to interior - pj66
Could anyone assist please? Car has factory manual sunroof. Whenever it rains, water appears on the interior trim to the front door/winscreen pillers at the top near roof lining panel. Floor carpet also wet. Have taped externally over the sunroof glass, gasket and onto the surrouding steel of the roof. Less water now seems to be coming in. Are there drain tubes from the sunroof "frame"? Where are they routed?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks pj66.
1999 1.2 8v Water ingress to interior - retrochick
hi there, i have had the same problem but had no idea where i was coming from, as you can see it inside cuming down the back passanger door frame.i will let you know if i find anything that works, i have been using a big all over car cover just now. thanks rockstar. good luck too.
1999 1.2 8v Water ingress to interior - Altea Ego
if its the tilt slide sunrrof, yes they leak. There are no drains to drain it away, you need to replace the seals or use lots of vaseline on them.
1999 1.2 8v Water ingress to interior - r.j.b.
Yes there are two drain tubes from the front corners of the sunroof, they exit n/s & o/s rear of front wings into the drains for the bulk head. To view and to check all the drain system is working correctly you must remove: wipers & arms, plastic panel, wiper motor& linkage, windscreen wash bottle, open the sun roof and blow back up the pipes to check they are clear. There is also a drain pipe that takes water away from around the heater motor bowl, it is just to the n/s of the heater unit worth a check as water ponds around heater and seeps into foot wells. The pipe fills with"crud" remove and clean. use a watering can and pour water into the back of the inner wings, water should exit under body rear of front wheels. If you have water in foot wells it is worth removing heater while you are in that area, it has a sponge type seal, apply a bead of silicone and refit. This will cure most leaks on Clio`s it did mine.