04 1.9 bad vibration from cambelt/aux belt area - carlwest
hello,

i have a bad noisey vibration rattle from cambelt/auxilary belt area on tick over, if i lightly give it a bit more throttle it goes but would like to find the problem, any ideas

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 07/01/2009 at 18:48

04 1.9 bad vibration from cambelt/auxilary belt ar - Peter D
I am not familiar with Fiats but many TD and DTI engines have a spragg clutch on the alternator pulley. These seize up thus the noise/vibation You can often check this by using a peice of wooden dowel through the alterator casing and turn the alterator fan in the normal direction of rotation and it should rotate. Do not bend the fan blades. Regards Peter
04 1.9 bad vibration from cambelt/aux belt area - carlwest
update ;

the auxiliary belt was routed wrong and when i took it off and noise stopped , also i noticed the crank pulley which is steel set in rubber to supposedly (stop vibration) weaving in and out slightly causing the belt to run off on the other pulleys, i then checked the tensioner and it felt a bit notchy when turning it. i have ordered a new crank pulley , belt and tensioner 165 quid ! hopefully this will do it !!.

anyways i also read the bottom pulleys play up causing this sought of noise has anyone else heard of this !?

cheers

carl
04 1.9 bad vibration from cambelt/aux belt area - Peter D
Yes if there it lateral movement then it will be transmitted though the system. Did you check the clutch as well or do you not have a spragg clutch in the alternator drive. Regards Peter