Nokia Mobile phone car kits - PB
Can somebody point me in the right direction here?
I just bought a car with all the mobile phone fittings except the 'black box'. It's for a different phone than mine (7110 I think), but I can get an old phone and switch SIMs to use it. I think I have found the connector, but I need to be sure I have the right thing before hunting out the right box. Anyone done this on the cheap?
Nokia Mobile phone car kits - PhilW
PB,
Hope you have better luck than we did with a similar situation. Our "new" car had all the fittings but the cradle was for a Nokia6210(?) and my wife and I have Nokia 3310s. In my ignorance I thought I would be able to go to carphone Warehouse or somewhere, buy a new cradle and plug it in and Bob's your uncle. Search as I may, in shops and the internet it seems that no-one ever does this and cradles (and other parts?) are not available separately. Complete kits cost over £100 and for the occasional "social" use of our mobiles in our car they are not worth it. The nearest we came to solving the problem was second hand kits on e-bay but even these are quite expensive.
Hope you find your "black box" - let us know how you get on. Is the lack of components because most of these fittings are for business use and not paid for by individuals out of their own pockets? If businessmen change phones do they have to change black boxes also? Are they not the same for a range of Nokia phones? You can tell I know nothing about it!!
Good luck
PhilW
Nokia Mobile phone car kits - Ben79
I know that Radiophone Services in Leeds sells Nokia bits, they are a service centre, I know they used to sell individual bits for car kits.

www.radiophone-services.co.uk/

Ben
Nokia Mobile phone car kits - Monaro
In response to the question about business men. While Nokia keep changing the handsfree adaptors on their fashion phones (3310, 3330, 3210, 8210, etc), the business phones (likes the original 6110, also the old 5110 or nk402 on Orange) 6210, 6310, 6310i) connectors stay the same so they don' have to keep undating in practice although I'm not sure in Nokia advice you to do.
Paul C
The answer: I had mistaken an unused connector block in the boot for the phone connector - on another car I have seen the black box removed but the rest of the kit left in place.

As it happens the kit is all there, it accepts the 5110, 5146, nk402, nk702, 6110, 6150, 6210, 6310 and 7110. It is called the Nokia CARK-91.
....cont'd

So I'm getting a 5110 from for free, and will do a sim swap on longer journeys (I have a Nokia 8210). They are only a few quid on ebay even if you need to buy one.
Nokia Mobile phone car kits - El Dingo
Ben,

Thanks very much for the link to radiophone-services. Very useful indeed!

El Dingo (Martin).