04 1.8 Slightly Poor Fuel Consumption - KevHull87
I know there was a topic posted not long ago about this, but I'm just looking for tips on how I could improve the economy.

Its a Ford Focus 1.8 petrol. I Have had the car 18 months, and used to get around 31-32 MPG on a day-to-day use, going up to around 38 MPG on a longer journey. This is included winter weather last year.

Now I am getting a max of 27 MPG.

I have had an engine tuning (proper tuning, not boy racer job) to try and improve the fuel economy. The ECU settings were changed and new spark plugs were fitted. It has made a different to engine, feels a lot smoother, but the economy hasn't really changed.

Anyone got any tips of what modifications i could possibly do to improve the economy.

Thanks
04 1.8 Slightly Poor Fuel Consumption - piston power
Do you have any dragging brakes? this time of year cold and damp they can stick.

Check all of them spin wheel etc.

Is the air filter and fuel filter new?

Have you changed your driving style? or got a boot full of crap?
04 1.8 Slightly Poor Fuel Consumption - Woodspeed
An engine tuner. Hmmmm ! Check spark plugs are OK, air and fuel filters good and clean (and air filter a proper Ford item). If no improvement, at next full fill up try a tank of Shell V Max which will clean through the fuel system (avoid stuff you bung in the tank).