When is the new Prius coming? - tawse
Hi,

I notice on the drop-down menus there are now three Prius with a new one listed from 2009 - anyone know when this is coming out as I have heard and read mixed reports with Jan being the launch date, others have said March and then more seem to indicate even 2010?

HJ, do you have any idea when you might be test-driving one of these?

Just wondering,

T.
When is the new Prius coming? - Pendlebury
I'm not really able to answer your question tawse, but I would imagine that Toyota are having to think long and hard about how they proceed with the generation Prius when the new Honda insight will undercut it by about £3-4K
When is the new Prius coming? - Avant
I asked the same question on another thread a week or two ago: Niceguyeddy who runs a Toyots dealer said April-June 2009. This week's Autocar says June.

If the petrol engine has some useful extra oomph it could be a good buy and challenge equivalent diesels. The new Honda Insight will be interesting too provided it has more power; the present Civic Hybrid is definitely for people who aren't ever in a hurry.

Edited by Avant on 11/12/2008 at 20:55

When is the new Prius coming? - tawse
Thanks.

Yes, the new Insight will have to make Toyato think twice about their pricing as the Prius is simply over-priced currently let alone the higher prices being touted for the new model.

I have been googling 'car prices' on Google news for a few months and have noticed, in India and Asia, there have been constant press reports of Honda putting up their new car prices in January - almost dire warnings of 'buy now or regret it'.

This week Google news is showing news articles from that part of the World stating that Honda is now reducing car prices.

:-)
When is the new Prius coming? - fink-nottle
Having registered an interest in Prius 111-I recently received a 'taster'brochure stating that the car will be launched in the UK on 1st August 2009.

Toyota also say that I will receive the full brochure nearer that date.
When is the new Prius coming? - cuthbert
Taken from the Toyota website

you?ll be able to experience the third generation of Toyota?s full-hybrid vehicle at Bullring from Monday 8 June to Sunday 14 June, after which it moves on to the Trafford Centre (15-28 June) and Bluewater (29 June-12 July).

Full schedule

The Trafford Centre
18-31 May - Urban Cruiser, iQ and Yaris
1-14 June - Verso, Avensis and Auris
15-28 June - New Prius, iQ and Yaris

Bluewater
1-14 June - Urban Cruiser, iQ and Yaris
15-28 June - Verso, Avensis and Auris
29 June-12 July - New Prius, iQ and Yaris

Bullring
8-14 June - New Prius
15-28 June - Urban Cruiser, iQ and Yaris