Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - niceguyeddy
All this 25% off new cars has made me think .... what else can you haggle down on price ?

One of our sales guys went to an Indian Takeaway and asked for a discount .... he got 10% off and some free popodoms !!
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Alby Back
A wise man would never irritate someone who was preparing his food..........
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - niceguyeddy
mmm I thought of that too but did not say anything
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Westpig
do you know...that is the first thing i thought of when i read this thread
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Alby Back
Well, suffice it to say, when I was a student I worked in a restaurant.......
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - mikeyb
Got a tenner off a new camera last year in a high street store. Asked the young lad who was a bit surprised, but said he would speak with his manager and hey presto.

On a more motoring theme usually try and negotiate the price on main dealer servicing, and have had a few quid off over the years. in the current climate I would have thought it was easy
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - rtj70
Threads are meant to be motoring related. If this does not become motoring related then it will be moved to the most appropriate thread shortly. i.e. IHAQ. Sorry but it is a motoring forum.

Rob, Moderator

Edited by rtj70 on 09/12/2008 at 19:47

Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Clk Sec
I made a point of asking how much the recent servicing would cost for my Mazda and was immediately given a 10% discount, and on a recent visit to my local computer shop I remarked that the item I was buying was a bit pricey, and they knocked 20% off.

Clk Sec
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Friend has been seriously trying to change a car for several months.
He's been playing a steady game pricing up the nett cost to change an old Yaris for a Fiesta, Jazz, Mazda2, Corsa etc.
Some dealers were disinterested in doing any kind of deal and others were unaware that their factories had temporarily ceased any new production.
Eventually a Blue Moon deal on a new Yaris T3 ticked all the boxes. Minimum nett cost to change, with a decent specification, but a real struggle even in these difficult times.

Was given a less than 1/2 price deal on two mince pies and two coffees in BHS on Saturday.
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - David Horn
Went into a VW dealership last month for a new CD changer. Original price of £250 or thereabouts came down to £140. Sadly it had the wrong connector on it, and then I paid £100 on eBay for one that turned out to be broken on arrival. Live and learn.
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Stevieboy
Through work, I get half-price MOT's and £25 off a service at my local Ford Dealer.

Though they do try and milk it ... they failed on a indicator repeater bulb and wanted £30 + VAT to change it ... I drove down in my wife's car and bought the part for £1 or so and changed the indicator bulb myself in 1 min making a good saving.

They weren't best pleased.
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Pugugly
Taking a friend's van for an MoT tomorrow - he's booked it into the dealer he got it from, I'll report back !
Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - movilogo
I got quotes for servicing from few dealers. Then I rang my nearest dealer how much they are charging. It came out they are 15% more expensive than cheapest dealer [though 200 miles away from me]. When I pointed this out, they readily gave me 15% discount :)

Next time I'll go to an independent to save further.

PS: For MOTs, go to council test centers, they don't fix cars and have no real incentive of failing your car for extra cash.

Edited by movilogo on 09/12/2008 at 21:32

Discounts on other stuff besides cars. - Pugugly
Oh I know, he had it booked in and had a job came in that clashes so he asked me a favour. He's a self employed joiner (or carpenter as he insists) - up to his eyes in work and charging full whack, there's sill money around. Nice morning out for me pretending to be an artisan.