Second time lucky? - SjB {P}
Having never before even considered buying a Peugeot, I now find myself having considered two in as many months!

Some of you may recall when I asked for advice regarding purchase of a Pug 406 from a colleague, as my wife's first car. Reasoning was known full history and the price was right, but unfortunately, stupid insurance costs, and a buyer prepared to pay more than I (and over the odds), transpired against me.

Yesterday, however, I learned of a Pug 306 SR 1.8 Sedan, 'M' Reg, genuine 15k miles, being disposed of by good friends of my parents, whose elderly relative owner has died.

The car has a full service history, and is apparently in good mechanical and cosmetic nick.

I am going over to see it on Sunday, and having read the reviews from HJ and Parkers, and knowing what such low mileage over eight years can do to a car, have some good ideas of what to look for.

There is no substitute for real world knowledge though, so if any of you 306 owners out there have tales to tell, please do!

Asking price is "Oh, about £2k", and in any case, I'll report back how I get on.

/Steve
Second time lucky? - John S
SjB

A 306 Sedan - now that is a rarity!

Regards

John S