98 1.3 Lambda sensor - Chris S
Last year my Lambda sensor had a reading of 1.0. At this year's MOT it was 1.28, just below the 1.3 maximum limit.

Is my Lambda sensor on the way out or is there something else that could have caused the change in reading?
98 1.3 Lambda sensor - Number_Cruncher
>>Last year my Lambda sensor had a reading of 1.0.

No, it didn't.

What you mean is that the exhaust gas analysis done as part of the MOT calculated that lambda = 1, which is perfect.

The lambda sensor (or oxygen sensor) is a device in the exhaust which measures if there is any oxygen in the exhaust stream, and answers in an almost yes/no sense.

Just because the lambda value calculated is near the limit DOES NOT mean that it must be the lambda sensor at fault - it's more likely that there's a simpler root cause of this problem.

The calculated lambda value of 1.3 indicated excess air. The first thing I would check is that there aren't any air leaks in the inlet manifold. It might be helpful to those who might respond to your question if you could post all of the emission values, CO, HC, etc.

98 1.3 Lambda sensor - Chris S
It might be helpful
to those who might respond to your question if you could post all of the
emission values CO HC etc.

Thanks - but I don't have them with me at the moment. I'll check for air leaks like you suggested.