Best selling car in Denmark ? - Robbo
Can anyone point me to a link where I can ascertain the sales figures for cars in Denmark ? Too complicated to explain why I want to know :-)
Best selling car in Denmark ? - CM
No but

Danish car sales rose for 4th month running
April revealed a mixed bag of results for vehicle sales in Denmark, but both car and light truck sales were showing positive signs after a lengthy period of decline. Car sales in April rose 10.7% to 9,968 from 9,007, making it four months running that sales have improved year on year, taking growth for the period to 11.8% at ,428 from 31,683. The annualised selling rate has hit the 100,000 mark for the first time in eighteen months, and the market seems to be on track for a full year of around 106,000. That compares with a full year total in 2001 of 96,187, but an average sales figure of 125,000 for the past decade.

Growth in the market was mostly enjoyed by just three players in April, with Peugeot lifting sales by 46.1% to 1,743 from 1,193, Volkswagen improving by 36.6% to 1,100 from 805, and Citroën doing even better than Peugeot in percentage gain terms with sales up 51.6% to 1,102 from 727.

Best selling car in Denmark ? - The Watcher
I think Im correct in saying Denmark has THE highest taxation regime on new cars in Europe.

It is a favourite place from which to make big savings if importing a car although the delivery times are amongst the longest.

There are reports that manufacturers will instigate an across the board price rise in Denmark and other popular import \ export countries (a cartel?) to try and stop the growing UK import market.

Maybe the Danes getting wind of this are going out and buying their new cars before they also get stiffed by higher prices together with the big taxes they have to pay?

Sorry I cannot give any link.
Best selling car in Denmark ? - Armitage Shanks{P}
I think that Greece has even higher taxation on cars but you'd hardly do a personal import from there would you? The figures for car sales in Denmark are interesting; very very low sales. Top ten cars total 50,000 units in a year.
Best selling car in Denmark ? - Flat in Fifth
This is as close as I can get 1999

www.tradeport.org/ts/countries/denmark/mrr/mark006...l

In summary top 10 in 1999 were

Make/Model / Units sold / Market Share (%)

Ford Focus / 5,447 / 3.8
Toyota Avensis / 5,434 / 3.8
Peugeot 406 / 5,416 / 3.8
Volkswagen Golf / 4,723 / 3.3
Opel Astra / 4,632 / 3.2
Peugeot 206 / 4,451 / 3.2
Peugeot 306 / 4,200 / 2.9
Fiat Punto / 4,114 / 2.9
Opel Vectra / 4,054 / 2.9
Volkswagen Passat / 3,866 / 2.7

If this is enough we're all agog wanting to know why?
Best selling car in Denmark ? - Robbo
>If this is enough we're all agog wanting to know why?

It started as a bet, but I was interested to know what cars a nation like the UK would buy if there was no mass-market vehicle manufacturing in the country. I figured that the Danes, being equally Euro-Sceptic as us, fitted the bill closer than anywhere else. Unless I have got it wrong about no cars being produced in Denmark............
Best selling car in Denmark ? - Ian (Cape Town)
>If this is enough we're all agog wanting to know why?
It started as a bet, but I was interested to know
what cars a nation like the UK would buy if there
was no mass-market vehicle manufacturing in the country. I figured
that the Danes, being equally Euro-Sceptic as us, fitted the bill
closer than anywhere else. Unless I have got it wrong
about no cars being produced in Denmark............

>>

Hard to say.
Most Danes, from my experience, don't suffer the 'keeping up with the Johnnson's' syndrome which seems so prevalent elsewhere...
Best selling car in Denmark ? - Flat in Fifth
Well if your opponent was saying the Danes would buy loads of Volvos and Saabs then they've just lost.
Best selling car in Denmark ? - The Watcher
To give you an idea of the taxes the Danes pay, they have a tax of 105% on the first £4500 and a further 180% above that! VAT is 25%!

This makes an Audi TT Roadster a staggering £60,000 and a basic Ford Ka £10,000!