Front bumper - prm72
Hi all, does anyone know how much roughly it would cost to have the front bumper resprayed on my S60.
Front bumper - Falkirk Bairn
What's wrong with the bumper?

A scuff on the corner - get "Chipsaway" type outfit and may be £60+ depending on where you live.

Need a bumper off complete respray?

Take the bumper off yourself and pay £120+ for the spray. Metallic? a few bob more I am afraid.
Front bumper - Steve Pearce
I paid about £140 for a Picasso front bumper to be painted recently. However that was for a new, pre-primed part, preparing an existing one may cost a bit extra.
Front bumper - prm72
I bought the car a few months ago and noticed the nearside corner had been scuffed and blown over with an aerosol spray, quite a good job actually but i've never been that happy with it and the top coat laquer is dull/matty compared to the other side, i'm being a bit pinickety i guess but it just bugs me every time i wash it, so decided ( if the price is right ) to get it done.
Front bumper - Pugugly
finickity, to be finickity ! :-)
Front bumper - prm72
Being a bit "finickety" pugugly, ha.
Front bumper - Alby Back
Or "fikey" in old Scots.

"He's guy fikey wi' his motors ken" or " He is jolly particular about car maintenance"
Front bumper - mike hannon
Or finicky, to stick with the OED. Maybe I'm just being pernickety...
Front bumper - prm72
Or finicky to stick with the OED. Maybe I'm just being pernickety...

Thats the word Mike
Front bumper - Pugugly
I wish I hadn't started this now !
Front bumper - gmac
I bet prm36 wishes he hadn't either. He asks about his bumper and gets a vocab. lesson.

Is it the whole bumper prm36 or just the plastic insert?
My wife had "an incident" earlier this year. I removed the plastic insert took it to the local respray place 30? and a day or so later, looked like new.

Edited by gmac on 16/11/2008 at 12:53

Front bumper - prm72
No gmac, its the whole bumper,well one side if they can blend the rougher side in with the good.
PS. I only had a secondary school education, so all vocab lessons gratefully reiceved.
Front bumper - ifithelps
Vocab - haven't heard that since I was at grammar school..

"Smithers Minor, have you done your French vocab?"

Reluctantly bank to motoring, the front bumper is the only panel to have been replaced on the Focus.

I clouted a dog whose thoroughly irresponsible owner had let roam free near a major road.

Cost was about £200 for the bare bumper plus around £150 to paint it.

It was one of those remarkable incidents in which the dog survived - I hit its rear hindquarters at about 60mph.
Front bumper - prm72
Well, been for a quote, and the bumper needs to come off, all grills, spotlights etc etc taken off, rubbed down and resprayed, they need the car for 2-3 days, we started at £400, i said too dear what with Xmas coming and the credit crunch and me living in a rolled up newspaper etc, so they are doing it for £250 cash, quite pleased with that.
Front bumper - Lud
I knew it was a mistake to look at this thread. Bad for the blood pressure.

What utter and complete garbage modern so-called bumpers are. Of course I knew about Focus ones already. But Volvo used to be exemplary in this area. No longer, alas.

I am not over-impressed by owners who think it worth spending several hundred pounds to remove evidence of a bumper scuff. Sure, it makes the car look embarrassing. But if all owners just let them look like that, and potential owners began to turn off the model because it looked tatty when still young, then hey presto! manufacturers might pay more attention and start fitting something a bit more practical than these false-eyelash-type ornamental end panels.

Edited by Lud on 17/11/2008 at 13:53