Mazda Activmatic - dxp55
The Mazda 3 has auto called Activematic - is that a ordinary auto box or a variable rubber band thingy - if so has anyone heard of any problems with them. - SWMBO Yaris is due for a change and next car has to be hubby friendly and have auto-- also needs a bit more power than Yaris to tow a small trailer -- Other than the Mazda are there any other recommendations for a car of similar size and petrol is preferred fuel - will be looking for 1 or 2 yrs old car.-- Yaris should sell privately.
Mazda Activmatic - p2l
I've got one - its a torque converter. 4 speed with tiptronic if you want to change for yourself. Very smooth and responsive and no probs so far (nearly 4 years old).
Mazda Activmatic - dxp55
Thank you both for that - I wasn't sure if it was CVT - any idea of the average fuel consumption --- I have read the manufacturer's figures but was thinking more realistically.
Mazda Activmatic - p2l
Economy is poor for a 1.6 - best I've got is 38, lowest is 28 in pure city driving (sheffield - lots of hills). Tend to average 32 - 34 a bit shy of the official 35mpg. Facelifted version (post 06?) is slightly more economical - enough to knock the VED down a band, to E I think.