Commuting to London - Zippy123
I have to go to London tomorrow, to East Acton Tube Station.

I can't take the train all of the way from Tunbridge Wells as I have to go further north in the evening.

I was thinking of going to Heathrow, parking there and getting the tube in.

Does anyone have a more sensible solution?
Commuting to London - oldnotbold
East Acton is on the Central Line - and awkward to get to from Heathrow. Ealing Broadway is the end of the Central, so find an all day car park, couple of stops in to East Acton, and then back in the evg. Ealing B'way is close to the N Circular too.
Commuting to London - Avant
There's a car park at Hounslow West, although that's the wrong line for you. There's also one at West Ruislip, further from T. Wells (as the Irishman said, don't start from there) but more use for your journey north as it's only a mile or so from the A40, and on the Central Line.

Leave very early!
Thanks!

Any idea what the traffic is like in to East Acton in the mornings?

Commuting to London - Avant
Pretty horrific all the way I'm afraid. Worth staying in a hotel or B & B overnight perhaps?
>>Pretty horrific all the way I'm afraid. Worth staying in a hotel or B & B overnight perhaps?

That was the plan, but others conspired against me (kids) and I needed to get home!

Actually I was thinking of Ealing Broadway (traffic to there) but my brain wasn't in gear!

Commuting to London - Rattle
Is a chu chui not an option, if it takes just two hours from Manchester (and its cheap if you book in advanced) I am sure it cant be that long from where you live.
Commuting to London - Lud
chu chui

Some sort of virtual magic carpet made from folded paper Rattolo?

Do tell....
Commuting to London - Rattle
A train :). Even if it means driving 20 miles to a station the train will drop you right off in the middle of central London.
Commuting to London - Lud
horrific all the way I'm afraid.

... but what you experience when you get there is beyond description, and even if it wasn't you wouldn't begin to appreciate the bottomless horror of it until too late, the damage done, the endless and unstoppable suffering just beginning to dawn...

Please, please don't do it. We don't want you and you really really don't want us, believe me...
Ok, thanks for all your comments, some more sureal than others!

Having been stuck in the London underground today I refuse to do it again, it reminded me why I get a taxi after a commute on a train.

I had to wait for 3 tube trains this morning before I could squeeze on to one and had to almost fight my way off the platform tonight!

Then I had a wonderful 50 minute wait at the railway station with no public seating before I could get a train home. The train was packed and I bearly got a seat. Others were standing, which if they paid nearly £50 for their ticket, I guess they would be annoyed!

So after two days of using public transport to the full, I am going to treat myself tomorrow and drive in my nice comfy clean and odour free car for as much as I can, even if it only does 30 mpg and probably less inside the M25!

;-)