03 2.0hdi p1352 error and limp home - Taxmackem
I just bought a 406 rapier. After running for just a few minutes,ecu light comesw on,air pollution defective warning light comes on and car goes into limp home mode till engine cold again.A mate has a diagnostic thing which shows a p1352 code error,post heater failure or something,but my car is HDI not glow plug,also airbags failure lights come on at startup,but more bothered about driving round in limp home mode.Can u help?
03 2.0hdi p1352 error and limp home - Screwloose

P1352 would suggest that you have Siemens fuelling on that one and for that it's:-

"SID 801- Pre/Post heating relay circuit - Relay & Pre-Heat plugs not controlled."

Check your glow-plugs and their relay - these eat them. [That's not causing your limp-home though.]

Have a look at the VIN number and post the next letter after "RH" - pray it's not "S."
Hi screw,thanx for reply,ur right i checked under throttle cable( i think it is), and a relay has burnt the earth wire through ! So if i can fix that,( good shout by the way), whats causing limp home u think? VIN is RHY

Edited by Taxmackem on 08/11/2008 at 22:40

Fix the burnt wire and check the relay isn't shorted/fried - it burned for a reason.

Once that's done; re-try it and see if it's OK [might be a bad earth there] or if another code comes up.
Ok mate,will do and report back,thanks
Hi,

Looks like wire might have been loose and shorted, burning it, getting relay next couple of days. I also had prob with lumpy idle but mechanic frien said change one of the other relays beside battery,one of the 3 there was corroded,changed it and thinks its ok now, only had short run home tho, will tell better in morning.

For time being I taped up live after taking burnt relay out ,is this ok? Could replacing the relay cure the limp home?

Edited by Taxmackem on 11/11/2008 at 17:55

It's unlikely that an earth wire can short on its own? A new relay will be useful.

HDi's don't suffer from lumpy idles - that's all very closely controlled. Think air ingress or a DMF going.
Hi screw, turbo now works, fitted new post heater relay and its fine ( phew, that could have been expensive !), couple of probs still-----

On startup, it only seems to fire up 2 or 3 cylinders until I rev it then its ok( lumpy idle prob was cured by replacing a relay), and the defective airbag light comes on at startup all the time,oh, and i get a wheel wobble between 35 and 50mph, very like when wheels are out of balance, had balancing done and tracking reset but still happens, any ideas?
hi screw

just read other posts on airbag fault
so will try advice there------------------

The lumpy idle was cured by replacing a relay?? Check for air getting into the diesel overnight. Chafed pipes, filter leaks etc.

Get the airbag codes read.

Check for a bent wheel or a delaminating tyre. Shaking through the steering or the seat?
Hi Screw,

yes, lumpy idle seemed to have disappeared when I changed corroded relay next to battery, unless i was lucky and its now part of starting prob. It may have returned,will check tomorrow

Ive had 2 diagnostic checks with 2 different computers and neither can get access to the air bag module system so no codes.

all tyres only week or two old, wobble is through steering

Edited by Taxmackem on 17/11/2008 at 22:36

If you can't get comms with the SRS module, check for feeds and earths - fuses first. In many cases; the SRS module does a self-check and then sends the signal that puts the light out - no module function leaves it on.

Was the wobble there before you changed the tyres? Faulty tyre?
Hi screw,

Will have to get auto electrician to check feeds, I wouldnt know how to-----

I havent changed tyres,they were new when got car, my mechanic mate says possibly driveshaft as only wobbles when driving in gear ,if I knock out of gear at speed it usually wobbles at, no wobble--------

BTW,tried connector cleaner for air bag ,no good----

You mentioned cutting out connector, but there are 4 of them, which one,or is it all of them-------------?

I've never needed to cut an airbag plug off; good electrical cleaner works every time for me...

They are gold-plated; the only thing that can affect them is silicone oozing from the seat cushion.