99 2.0 Strange little occasional cut-out - Lucky 7
Hello chaps

I'm currently running a T reg Mondeo Si 2.0, bought on the cheap with 154k on it. Going great so far, however every once in a while I've been in slow moving traffic etc, given it a bit of gas only to find the engine's stopped! It seems to be just after I've reduced speed, and I think it's cutting out when the revs drop as I change down.

Not a massive problem at all to be honest as it always restarts - just thought I'd check it out on here in case there's a quick fix, or if it's a sign of worse to come! Suspecting sensors could be at fault - strangely though, I don't get any dash lights coming on as per a stall/usual engine cut out, so could it be a loose connection somewhere in the ignition system or perhaps water getting in (it's been wet each time it's happened)?

Cheers all

99 2.0 Strange little occasional cut-out - Screwloose

If the engine has stopped with the ignition on, then you should get the battery light and, eventually, the oil-pressure light coming on.

If neither does - and it restarts after cycling the key; then a loss of ignition feed is a distinct possibility.

It could be the key-switch itself, or a wiring issue; but my hunch would be the ignition main circuits relay.