Travel to Blackpool - Family Hotel? - M.M
Travelling to Blackpool (from Cambridgeshire)for the weekend at the end of this month. Need a hotel with parking near to The Winter Gardens. Blackpool hotels seem a minefield when looking on review sites so any personal recomendations appreciated. We do not want to get tied up with drunken stag nights etc!

David
Travel to Blackpool - Family Hotel? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Have a look at laterooms.com for bargains and reviews. They just got me a £265 per night hotel for £48.

Have a look at tripadvisor.com, they have reviews although I see that you are not that confident of these sources.

In Blackpool stag/hen nights could be the least of your problems - think consenting adults and the colour pink!
Travel to Blackpool - Family Hotel? - seasiders rock
try premier inn, either yeadon way or the airport. clean, comfortable, free parking and no stags or hens. avoid the new travel lodge on bloomfield rd, war zone. cheap rates attract stags and hens. slightly biased, i am the night manager at premier inn blackpool airport.
leave your car and bus it into town. if you do end up in the town center most dont have own parking. cheapest car park (secure) is the ncp above the bus station.
failing that check out trip advisor. com.
if you fancy a laugh check out there reviews on the savoy and norbreck castle, fawlty towers lives on .
Travel to Blackpool - Family Hotel? - Rover25
As Seasiders Rock says- the Norbreck is not great unless you yearn for a Fawlty Towers experience.
The Big Blue Hotel at the pleasure beach is good in my experience and family friendly with car parking, not particularly close to the winter gardens,a short bus or tram ride along the prom.
Many thanks for the comments. I had no idea Blackpool was so popular with pidgeon fanciers. Reviews of the Norbreck make amusing reading too.

I'll think on.

David
Good advice given above. In the end we booked The Big Blue Hotel for two nights and it was everything we'd hoped. Set out like a travel lodge but far more upmarket. Exceptionally helpful staff and all aimed at family types too.... so no stags/hens etc! Seeing the smaller private town centre/seafront hotels they looked an absolute lottery and would be a very risky booking without a firm reccomendation from someone you trusted.

We did briefly see some of the night life when taking a friend back to their town centre hotel at 11pm sat. Lots of drunken groups wandering in front of the car and some real "sights". Seems the men about were real men... and so were many of the women!!

David
Travel to Blackpool - Family Hotel? - Rover25
Glad to hear the Big Blue worked out OK for you MM.
Had to go to Blackpool myself on business frequently recently, and still can't find another hotel I would recommend other then the Hilton or Travelodge.
Yep thanks Rover25. Something I forgot that's worth mentioning to help anyone thinking of staying there....

It really is a long way from the central seafront. Our destination of the Winter Gardens was just behind the Tower and that was an £8.20 taxi ride each way from The Big Blue. In fact over the weekend we spent almost £50 on taxis!!

David