2002 2.0 Dies Not starting when stopped after shor - puddlejumper
My 75 diesel on 2 occassions with more than 1000 miles between has refused to start after short 10 minute stop. I have removed the inlet to the filter turned the ignition until fuel flowed, and then the outlet from the filter and after getting fuel to flow replaced the pipe, and the engine fired first time and ran perfect. The first time the fuel tank was over 1/4 full on the second 3/4 full . My wife is refusing to drive until problem identified. The car has 160,000 miles and has never been a problem apert from a faulty battery.
I look forward to any suggestions. Thanks
2002 2.0 Dies Not starting when stopped after shor - Collos25
Sounds like a fuel pump problem quite common it is situated under the rear seat its in two pieces with bits on both sides,the top comes loose and causes no end of problems look on the Rover 75 web site for in depth details.The pumps can be changed for a Pug 407 unit as Rover ones are getting very thin on the ground.
2002 2.0 Dies Not starting when stopped after shor - Screwloose
pj

Andy's got it; they are famous for the top of the accumulator in the tank coming unscrewed.

There was even an official modification for it - little chance that's still around - but a judiciously-placed self-tapping screw has been known to stop them coming unscrewed.