2001 2.0 HDI 90 No power. - lloydie77
I have a problem, my 51 reg car does not seem to have much power, the turbo spins but doesn't seem to work.

Cam belt timing has been checked, tried an airflow meter, a visual meter check of all the turbo and vacuum pipes has been done.

The car has 58k, engine code is RHY with no intercooler. No warning lights showing.

Head gasket was recently done but the problem was there before this.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/10/2008 at 00:25

51 20 HDI 90 No power. - Screwloose

The RHY is no ball of fire; did this just happen, or has it always been the same?
51 20 HDI 90 No power. - lloydie77
hi well iv only had the car to do the head gasket on it. iv had the head skimmed all don right iv re checked the cam timing that's ok. iv spoken to the owners and they not had it long but never had much power to there knowledge. but feel like it dosent have a turbo on it feels like its not boosting at all. i do realise that its not the fastest of cars but it should do more then 70-80mph but it takes weeks to do it.
thanks.
They're pretty well monitored for things like boost pressure. If it falls outside the "target" boost for long the MIL light will come on.

MAF faults don't leave codes; does it go better with the MAF disconnected? [This will put the light on.]

Live data is your friend here; it's trawl through the parameters time.

Could the HGF have blocked the exhaust up?

Edited by Screwloose on 28/10/2008 at 21:22

hiya where is the maf sensor on it what color is it.if it is Betta do i need to change it.
what is the HGF its had new cat and that's new all the way to the back box so i don't think that the chimney will be blocked

The MAF is the airflow meter - I know you've tried one; but...

HGF; head gasket failure.

Why was that mega-bucks cat changed?
ya iv tried a new maf.didn't wake any difference what so eva. the cat wasn't that expensive i changed it because it was rattling come loose in side it looked like it was an after market 1 any way.

so what u think the nxt move is then thanks for all ur help

There's <1800 lines of live data in that ECU; somewhere in there is the answer.
hi just to let u now i took it to a dealer and they re config the ecu and thottle and all ok now.

I'd love to know where the throttle is on an RHY?

Still; a software update fixed it - that's the main thing.
51 20 HDI 90 No power. - Armitage Shanks {p}
Srewloose - I think that if you had been in the job market in the 40s you would probabaly have been a code cracker at Bletchley Park and you might have known Alan Turing - LOL!
AS

That would have been a rare privilege; to leave a legacy of such importance - even prematurely - must have been a source of great satisfaction to him.

Now if people would only recognize the contribution of Tommy Flowers too....