2005 2.0 Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - Kia David
Can any body tell me how to change engine oil filter on Kia Carens 2Lt .The filter is under the brake master cylinder?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 23/10/2008 at 19:32

2005 2.O Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - Hemi
are you sure its under the master cyl,just seems a funny place for an oil filter
2005 2.O Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - Kia David
Yes the Oil filter is mounted at the back of the engine and is right under the foot brake master cylinder.What needs to be removed to give acces to the oil filter?
2005 2.O Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - joshua
Hi Kia David,

You may find that you will get an answer on Kiaforums.com, there you will find a useful chap called suppacabby who lives in Brighton. I would think that he will be able to answer your question.

I have the same car as yours, however it is serviced by the local Kia agent, the mechanic always tells me how difficult it is to reach the oil filter !

Regards
2005 2.O Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - Kia David
Hi joshua how can i get in touch suppacabby from brighton to advise me about changing engine oil filter on Kia Carens

Quote removed, Rob

Edited by rtj70 on 02/01/2009 at 22:38

2005 2.0 Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - schwalbe
Having just done the same job, here are the steps: It is awkward and time consuming , but not difficult.

1: Take off the intercooler: two big clips, two small pipes to pull off (rear and right). No need to take off the cross head scews in the trim, just remove the two nuts at the back (bulkhead) and two bolts at the front (front panel) and lift off.

2: Remove the engine cover (four bolts)

3) Remove the bolt holding the air con pipe above the filter to let you move this slightly

4) Unbolt the earth wire at the back if the cylinder head otherwise this will be in the way.

5) With all these obstructions gone you can now get to the filter (I found it easiest to stand with my back to the car and remove it with my right hand). It is a tight squeeze but it does come out by lifting it to the left and forward. You will need to waggle it out past the air con pipe.

6) It will make life easier in future if you replace the clips on the intercooler pipes with jubilee clips.
2005 2.0 Lt How to change Engine Oil Filter - hideral

I find it easier reaching the oilfilter from the side. To do this you must work on the car while the engine is cold. First lift the cover of the white plastic radioator expansion tank. then unbolt the 4 bolts, and remove the tank. Then you can easily reach the filter by reaching it through the space where the expansion tank was. Let me caution you that the space is very narrow and it might be a bit difficult for a big person with a big hand and arm. Good luck.