07 1.9D Bootlid inner trim removal - J500ANT
Hi guys,

I have a new Jetta (thats a bit jinxed but thats another story) and would like to fit some "number plate" reversing sensors. Its a plastic plate/surround that goes around the rear number plate and then you do the wiring.

The wiring shouldnt be an issue as the reversing light is on the bootlid, as is the numberplate - but I cant for the life of me work out how to remove the boot lid inner trim to gain access to the gubbins! Its a sturdy carpet covered cardboard type thing, there are no visible fixings for it though.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Tony
07 1.9D Bootlid inner trim removal - Tim Allcott
I think you might find that there are some screws (probably each corner) but VAG very cunningly cover the heads with flock so that they neatly blend with the lining. Feel very carefully I think there will probably also be some push fittings, similarly disguised, but once you've got the screws out you can pull those out fairly safely. This is from memory of the Passat I used to have, but the Audi I drive now uses the same securing system. Hope that helps...
07 1.9D Bootlid inner trim removal - 659FBE
I don't have any first hand experience with the Jetta but I have done this job on a Passat. If you remove the warning triangle there are screws in its recess and there is also a screw in each of the "handholds" - well inside. The periphery of the trim panel is held by a number of very stiff spring clips. I greased them on reassembly to avoid trim breakage at a later date.

Thanks guys/guyesses - will check this tomorrow and post again :D
Its as 659FBE said, 4 screws inside the boothandle recess thing, and then a few good hard tugs.

Have fitted the sensors, they seem to work well - i've left the trim off so i can access the control unit and do any tweaks.

Thanks again for your assistance.