Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - malden blue
for some reason the petrol pump turns off every few seconds when I try to fill up my jeep its is driving me crazy

have I got a dud car, is it a bad design or does it happen to everybody

it takes me 10 mins to fill up repressing the trigger at least a hundred times
Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - Bill Payer
Try rotating the nozzle and holding it vertically.
Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - L'escargot
Try rotating the nozzle and holding it vertically.

And try withdrawing the nozzle a bit. Experiment until you get the best position. Try a different filling station where the pumps aren't so fast. Don't fight it ~ go with the flow ;-)

Edited by L'escargot on 11/10/2008 at 07:55

Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - Alby Back
It's probably just trying to give you a feeling of value for money. If it's a petrol Cherokee it probably takes less than 10 minutes to use the fuel.

:-)
Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - cjehuk
I have to say after three months in a Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.7v6 in the USA earlier this year I was quite impressed with how little fuel it generally used. I was averaging mid 20s mpg which I though was quite good for a large petrol 4x4. I did find, however, that it had to have the fuel nozzle in the right position to fill it easily, generally tipped back a little.
Cars that take for ever to fill with petrol - malden blue
great I'll try that, and yes I have been surprised at how economical it is Im getting 22mpg

must say that I have tried every angle possible in out rotated and its still the same Ill end up doing a Fawlty Towers and smashing it to pieces soon

a mate of mine said he had a Volvo that was just as bad