How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - barleymo
I'm looking to change my car, currently own 02 1.4lx Fiesta 5 door. Looking to buy 1.1 5 door CZ1 Mitsubishi Colt. With all the press stating that dealers are having to make major price reductions in order to sell any cars, I want to make sure I get a good deal on my next car.

I have £5,500 to spend (which includes px for my car - have been quoted up to £3k PEX at local garage). Looking to get as new a Colt as pos with 5 doors and air con.

It's been 5 years since I purchased my last car - and I'm rusty!! Can anyone give me any pointers to ensure I get the best deal I can. I have arranged with my local dealer to visit them on Saturday to test drive a few of the cars they have on offer. I'd like to be prepared to do a deal if I like one of the cars.

Advice please.

Much appreciated

Sam
How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - Falkirk Bairn
Best deal - sell the Fiesta privately .

Look on the internet, get the best 2/3 then negotiate.

Gallachers in the NW seem to have deals on Mitsubishi over time but someone be desperate and do a deal / match Gallachers.
How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - bintang
I guess dealers are up to all punters' ploys but I take along details of other cars I am considering and make sure they become visible during the process, to get dealer competition going. Walk away if you don't get what you want: you can backtrack over the phone if the ploy fails and you think the offer was fair. For a car valued at £3K, a preliminary £50 valeting would probably be worthwhile and at least help facilitate a deal, even if you don't get the money back. At least make sure the boot is clean: salesmen like to see a clean boot and are less likely to open the bonnet, since this conceals items they have no clue about.

As for >> With all the press stating that dealers are
having to make major price reductions in order to sell any cars ..>>, bear in mind their selling-on prices will have to drop as well, limiting dealing scope.

Deal close to a month end as there are probably targets to be achieved. Decide what extras you would like but use these as bargaining counters, e.g. "You're on! [pause] If you throw in aircon, rear mudflaps, metallic paint, three years' free service etc." These things are expensive to you but some are probably quite cheap to the dealer.

I have done it all 25 times but probably still paid over the odds each time...

By the way, our 3-door Colt has proved an excellent buy. Three faults (which may not be present in the 5-door): limited rear vision so parking sensors advised, limited rearward travel for the driver's seat when the rear seat back is folded down and an old-fashioned battery that needs to be topped up. It is our third Colt from the same excellent dealer, Poole Car Centre, Dorset.
How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - 1970badgirl
My advice - don't touch Mitsubishi - their customer service is appauling. They are only interested in your money!! I think their cars are awful too - had a CZC which was awful and has now gone back and had couple of Mistubishi courtesty cars whilst it was in for repair (time and time again)- dont rate them at all!!

Sorry but this is the best advice I can give you!
How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - niceguyeddy
Best way is to sell Fiesta private (stick for sale sign in rear window) do your research on autotrader web to find the current market value of your car then when sold contact drivethedeal.com for best price on the Colt then get local dealer to match ot get close to this price.

If you dont want the hassle of selling private then visit 3 mitsi dealers and get the best you can...... in this scenario whats important is the balance to change not what you get for your car.

However take heed from badgirls comments !
How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - Mutton Geoff
> stick for sale sign in rear window

And if you do that, make it easy to read in passing. DON'T put huge words "FOR SALE" then reams of small print "Ford Fiesta 02 reg" etc, everything that is immediately apparent to the person looking at the car.

I'd simply put in two rows in huge font the price and a phone number, eg

£2,750
07777 777777

All other questions can be answered when the prospective purchaser calls.

How to Get the Best Deal From Mitsubishi Dealer - runboy
£2 750
07777 777777

I tried to phoning this fone number but there was no answer. I am intereted very in your car and I wish to buy it straight away. I am very trusty and will send you a bank draft for 20000gbp and ask you send me the car and the balance. Trust me the banking draft will not be countered.

Sorry, couldn't resist on a sunny sunday.Must be my playful mood....