01 2.0 computer says no - steeltownmatt
Help.
car has done 90K miles I've done approx 4k since purchase.
the engine starts,revs, then turns off after 4/5 seconds accompanied by flashing engine warning light.
I 've have the ecu read but this showed no fault. Ecu and steering transponder have been removed and tried on a similar vehicle and it runs ok.
I'm aticipating a lot of conficting advice but any ideas would be appreciated
01 2.0 computer says no - Dynamic Dave
The flashing ecu light is telling you that you have an immobiliser related problem. Whoever did the code reading should have picked this up as this is one of the more easy problems to diagnose. The flashing light should have given them a BIG clue, and a diag readout should have pinpointed where to start looking.
01 2.0 computer says no - topbloke
agreed, flashing light and start and cut out classic immobiliser fault , has the key been apart/dropped, is the chip in the key or has it become dislodged start there and please report what you find (i assume that there is no second)
Cheers guys, turns out the key has been opened and is missing the vital component!!
will let you know if vauxhall sort it with a new key fob
fixed. vauxhall charged £140 to find the codes, supply the complete key and make it talk to the car. but hey it works and so now does the central locking. turns out that they had had this car on their computer back in 2006 when it had 124k miles!! that life. cheers for your help
01 2.0 computer says no - mfarrow
turns out that they had had this car on their computer back in 2006 when
it had 124k miles!! that life.

Unfortunately (and ironically) it can be all too easy to do a 'mileage correction' on a modern electronic odometer.

Check the MoT history at www.motinfo.gov.uk to check, should go back to 2006 now. It might be the garage made a mistake when the did the previous work; copying an old record and just updating it with your cars details usually does it.