02 1.3 Heater problems - taffglam
I have read the threads relating to heating problems. It appears that cold air only is attributed to a faulty control valve under the bulkhead. This was a problem 8 months ago and a new control valve rectified the problem. However, I now have hot air only. I have checked the voltage at the control valve and get +12 V irrespective of the positioning of the heater control dial. Am I right in assuming that the valve is fully open when +12V and fully off when 0 V. If this is the case, is a new dial the answer. Many thanks in anticipation of a response.
02 1.3 Heater problems - Screwloose

The valve is driven by fast pulses of 12 volts; you really need an oscilloscope to see them properly - although a meter usually shows a small variation.
02 1.3 Heater problems - taffglam
Thanks Screwloose - your information was invaluable. I took a gamble and replaced the valve, although the old one was only 8 months old. Heater now working properly, but for how long? If this valve causes so many problems why do not Ford sort it out?
02 1.3 Heater problems - jc2
I've owned a number of KA and driven more-never had any problems but if I adjust the heater valve I always go to either fully open or fully closed as I change the setting-don't know if this is why I don't get problems.