03 2.2 catalyser or other issue at stake - tonycam
Good day folks.. looking for some neutral input here. My Vectra C 2.2 sxi running great goes into dealer for ann. service it has done 44K miles (passes all checks etc). post service engine started misfiring, Eng Mgmt Light lit, dealer replaces spark plug, seems to be ok for a day then starts misfiring again but does not happen all the time so after 2 further weeks running the engine finally seemed to be in limp mode ?, had reduced power, uneven idle and also seemed to be running hot, I had hot fumes coming from engine at traffic lights. Left car with Vauxhall dealer again to be told that it needs mainfold/cat part but there are none in the UK ! (this was 3 weeks ago).
When I asked why the Cat would fail after just having had it's annual check etc the response was "they can fail anytime." I am not so sure and the dealer and Vauxhall Customer Care have a 'don't bother me attitude' when I question that or even ask for a courtesy car !! (I am having to hire fm 3rd party). I was going to replace the car with an 08 model but now I am having 2nd thoughts about buying another Vauxhall, esp as they cannot seem to supply a spare part for one of the most driven cars on our roads ! .... am I being paranoid ?, should I just take my car out and have Kwick Fit do it !!

Edited by Pugugly on 27/09/2008 at 11:49