Lexus at Auction - audiA6tdi
Just reading the auction report on this site and it states that a 57 plate lexus LS460 went for £31k - £16,250 under book? Am i missing something here? Just checked and this car CAPS at £32,200 with 23k miles? So while its a pretty fair price its hardly a major bargain.

See article below...

I guess top of the hit parade was a 23k mile Lexus LS460 sold for £31,000, which is £16,250 under trade book for 6k miles over book mileage.

dave
Lexus at Auction - frazerjp
Credit crunch, not to mention the future duty price on larger engined vehicles would be the main cause. ???
Lexus at Auction - smokescreen
Would someone who buys a £31k car really care about £400/yr VED?
Lexus at Auction - Bill Payer
whoosh!
Lexus at Auction - spikeyhead {p}
It was sold in August, and I'm guessing HJs book price is Glass's.

I hate to think how much they've dropped in a month and CAP are usually lower than Glasses.

Now I'm guessing that they calculate these figures using an artificial neural network, there's too many variables and too few inputs to do anything else, so the time weighting factor, IE month by month depreciation is taking a while to catch up with the reality of the sudden recent drop.
Lexus at Auction - MichaelR
Stop trying to defend an obvious typo.

An LS460 is £57k BRAND NEW, so there is simply no way that last month a 57 plate example trade booked in any guide for nearly 50 grand!
Lexus at Auction - pd
CAP was way out in May, June & July but in August they have caught up and auction prices are, more or less, back in line with the CAP prices for most models.

They knocked 30% off the value of many models. Nobody uses Glasses at auctions these days.
Lexus at Auction - Optimist
Maybe I'm missing the point but if you put a car through an auction you're going to get an auction type price, aren't you?

Mostly the bloke buying at auction is going to want to re-sell and see some profit on the deal if he's spending that kind of money.

Happy to be put right.
Lexus at Auction - Dipstick
"An LS460 is £57k BRAND NEW"

In your dreams. That's the old LS430 price. Nearer 77 to 80k.

Lexus at Auction - drbe
Where is the auction report? I can't see it.
Lexus at Auction - MichaelR
"An LS460 is £57k BRAND NEW"
In your dreams.

No, on the Lexus website. Go and spec it up yourself if you don't believe me.

I refuse to beleive a car like that trade booked at only 8k less than list after 10 months. Sorry.
Lexus at Auction - gmac
>> "An LS460 is £57k BRAND NEW"
>>
No on the Lexus website. Go and spec it up yourself if you don't believe
me.

The basic LS460 is £57k. Adding the Mark Levinson audio adds almost £1600.
With the advanced safety pack, the price is now £67,500
Intelligent Park Assist £67,915
Rear Seat Entertainment takes it to £70,415.

Just four options have added over £12,500 pounds to the sticker price. You're not going to buy an LS460 as standard...
Lexus at Auction - JH
G

"Rear Seat Entertainment takes it to £70,415."

are you allowed to elucidate in this respectable forum?

JH
Lexus at Auction - Lud
G
"Rear Seat Entertainment

Tee hee. You could do it in the front in my Bentley.
Lexus at Auction - Alby Back
Even an MG Midget is no problem, just park by a tree, lower the window, feet on tree.....

;-)

Whoops , might get modded

:-(
Lexus at Auction - gmac
I'm guessing they relieve you of 2,5k for a couple of screens in the headrests and a DVD player somewhere. Maybe even include a rear seat which cools your bum when hot, warms it when cold and massages you too.
Lexus at Auction - Dipstick
"I'm guessing they relieve you of 2,5k for a couple of screens in the headrests"

The screens aren't in the rear headrests! How very old school:)

They flip - well, silently unfold really - from the ceiling, one for each rear passenger. If there's no DVD in they show whatever is on the satnav screen.

Lexus at Auction - Mapmaker
Glass's gives

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition: £34250
Average condition: £30500
Below average condition: £27000

Has it really dropped by £16k in the book in one month?

Anyone got a Sept Glass's guide BOOK to hand?
Lexus at Auction - audiA6tdi
here is the Glass and Cap for Sept 08 for an ordinary LS460, not the SE-L

CAP

Intro Jan 07
New £56,127
Retail £38,750
Year 2007 - 57
Miles 23 ,000
Clean 34,000
Average 32,200
Below 29,850

Glass

New 56,752
Retail 37,750
Year 2007 - 57
Miles 23 ,000
Trade 33,350

Edited by Honestjohn on 03/09/2008 at 22:22

That's a £13,350 drop in a month.

Yikes, I thought that the drop my Boxster was suffering was bad.
Lexus at Auction - gmac
Imagine if you're the guy who's just bought it with a buyer lined up.
You sell it on for £42k, the buyer thinks they have got a good deal at £4k under book and he's made £11k for about two minutes work.
Lexus at Auction - bananastand
we are honoured to get a real HJ reply! The forecourts near me all seem very ambitious with their prices....

AHA! an ebay hint I saw in Autocar. You just miss out on a car on ebay. The "winner" disappears,, so the seller asks you to pay the next highest price. This means that if the "winner" is eliminated from the deal, you've been bidding against yourself.

So if you are 1. Thick, you get robbed. 2. Sensible, you get a bargain or at the very least you can leave some justifiable bad feeback.
Lexus at Auction - Lud
Oh do stop talking about Lexuses. They are so nice and this thread is making me feel so poor. Mind you, the old 430 was a lot better looking. Can't take the Oriental headlights on the new one, unless they have changed it again when I wasn't looking. Perhaps I mean 'more demure and invisible'. Neither is what you would call good looking.

Not that I would have one if I had that sort of money. The heart says Maserati. Dunno what the head says. Something like: 'Alfa 166 to be going on with.'
Lexus at Auction - pd
From this month's CAP Black Book:

Extracts from Daily Reports
ALFA ROMEO
166 - Image aside, this car now represents extremely good value for money for both trade and retail buyers alike.

Now's the time to buy one!
Lexus at Auction - Lud
Yeah, 3k or so for a very good V6. And Lombarda hve an old outlet in a mews 200 yards from the front door. If only....

Just round the corner the other day, passed a recording studio. There was one of those, an Audi RS4 with a skull and crossbones on its petrol flap, and some sort of BMW M3. The one I really fancied was the dull blue 166.