2000 2.0HDI Noise when stopped from brakes - stigslim
Hi peeps, i get a sort of kettle whistling noise from my brake system when i turn the engine off (unless i stop it with my foot on the brake).I can stop it after by pumping the pedal.I have popped the bonnet and the sound appears to be coming from one of two small units tucked under the vent under the windscreen.They look like some ort of vacuum valve or regulator (about the size of two cotton reels) with a couple of pipes comin/going from them just curious to know if someone can tell me what they are and if so can they/it be repaired or have to replace.Any info is greatfully received.Thanx in advance.
2000 2.0HDI Noise when stopped from brakes - Screwloose

If yours is the 110hp RHZ engine; then they're the EGR and turbo-control solenoids.

They can vent vacuum to atnosphere; but they're not supposed to leak, although it's not a big deal unless they're not functioning too.
No sorry the one i have is th 90BHP version.Any other ideas?
I could really do with (if nothing else) finding out what they are?.I have noticed the brake pedal travels when pressed too.Again, ANY help is good help.
2000 2.0HDI Noise when stopped from brakes - Screwloose

The RHY doesn't have an ECU-controlled VNT turbo; so should only have one EGR solenoid.
[Unless PSA have doubled them up for some reason?]

The brake pedals often do creep on these - a new master cyl may not be any different.