European breakdown cover - PLS
I will be shortly buying breakdown cover for a fortnight holiday in Germany. I am tempted to go with my UK breakdown cover (RAC). However, before committing myself can anyone unfortunate enough to have broken down comment on the RAC European cover or recommend anyone else? Many thanks.
European breakdown cover - Huw
Have you noticed that the RAC cover is not inexpensive even if bought on-line and as a member PLUS it only gives you 14 days hire car which might need to start 7 days before you set off if your car is lost. In my bok I think that they should not cal their product 'cover'. I have looked at quite a few and am tempted by www.rescuefrance.co.uk/ It is £28 for up to 18 days. Have a look and let me know if there is anything I am missing please.
European breakdown cover - PLS
Thanks for the pointer to the site. Unfortunately, it only covers driving in France. Otherwise it seems a reasonable package.
I asked for a specimen policy and its 'Territoral Limits' are France and countries bordering France so you should be covered in Germany.
European breakdown cover - MartinB
With rescuefrance, cars have to be less than 10 years old and will not cover minibuses, so that disqualifies me ( their words) on two counts !
I'll have to go for europ-assistance.co.uk or Jardine Lloyd Thompson (through Britannia Rescue) at around £56 for 15 days...
I don't know if they do the 'more run in vehicles' but cover is also available from www.internationalbreakdown.com/ GreenFlag, DirectLine, Shell and KwikFit. In fact there are so many providers you could spend from now till next year trying to find the best deal. I didn't like Direct Line mainly because they are Directline (Nobody said I had to be reasonable)Kwikfit wouldn't send me a specemin policy, Green Flag seemed expensive and I can't remember what put me off Shell - I think it was something about having to go home by train. I think it will be France direct for me. I hope not to be ble to post news of their service.
European breakdown cover - Collos25
For fifty pounds you can get the best european available from the ADAC ,it will cover you anywhere and cover just about any problem.Once again UK service providers are a total ripp off.
www.adac.de
Will it recover you to the UK or Germany though? The 24hr helpline in german might be a bit of a disadvantage to some too.