Anything worth knowing - oldlag
I am thinking of getting a KIA CEED Estate, not a bad looking estate and the deals are not bad plus there a long warranty - but - is there anything else worth knowing ?
Whose owned a KIA and found out if the dealers are good.bad or whatever and are the cars as durable as (say) Vauxhall or Peugeot etc, I wont say FORD cos there naturally will be better than FORD.
Anything worth knowing - Citroënian {P}
We've had a 1.6LS (petrol) on a year long test drive that has just gone back.

It's a perfectly nice car to drive around it, nothing went wrong with it in the time we had it and it made short work of driving up and down the country or just around town. It's a nice car.

It feels better put together than most French cars (subjective I know - but look at my username) and as it never went wrong, never had to deal with the dealers.

If it's a good deal and the warranty works for you and the future value is ok, I reckon the car itself is very good.

hth
Anything worth knowing - Avant
A friend aged 78 who has driven most things in his time thinks his Ceed is one of the best cars he's had. (1.6 diesel - he didn't particularly want the diesel but it was on special offer at the same price as the petrol version.)
Anything worth knowing - lordwoody
We rented a diesel estate in France a few weeks ago and I was very impressed. It was very comfortable and felt solid and well built. I'd be happy to own one.
Anything worth knowing - jase1
Regarding the underlying technology, Hyundai/Kia vehicles have been comparable in terms of actual quality to the mainstream manufacturers for quite a while now. It has just been the perceived quality (suspension setup to match European tastes, use of "tactile" plastics in the dash etc, "European" overall design) that has let them down. The Cee'd is effectively a Hyundai Elantra under the skin -- long considered a reliable car.

Now that the company has realised that it is necessary to spend the extra £2.50 in design work to get these areas up to scratch, they're finally convincing people.

I wouldn't be worried about durability.