Honda Jazz - mostyn
I've recently bought a new Jazz and I have a couple of queries that I hope some of you may be able to help me with.
1.On starting the engine it seems to have a slight 'whine' to its sound.It is slightly reminiscent of a milk float sound.Is this a characteristic sound?If it's any help the sound stops when the clutch is depressed.

2.A few days ago a small child rode his bike into the nearside of the car causing a small dent in the front wing and three small(3") scrathes to the nearside.The child was unhurt but now I wonder how best I should go about tidying the car up.

Hopefully
Mostyn :)
Honda Jazz - Dynamic Dave
a small dent in the front wing and three small(3")
scrathes to the nearside.

Try Dentmaster. Mentioned in HJ's FAQ's section.
Honda Jazz - mostyn
Thanks for the info H.J
I took your advice and went to the main dealer where I bought the car.They checked the levels and found no problem.A technician did say that the noise sounded "like a bearing".I then spoke to the service manager who said that they had received no other reports of problems with the model.His advice was to run it for 500 miles(currently at 5775) and if the whine continued to come back.He even said that they would put a new gear box in under warranty.Does this sound o.k?
Other than this we've had no problems with what is my first ever brand new car, bought after H.J's advice.Plenty of room for the three of us,comfortable and good fuel economy(45+ at mainly motorway speeds,legal limit of course ;) )