2002 2.2D Engine Trouble! - Bar
Hi all. Recently my 2.2D Primera has been idling at low rev and I can feel a lot of vibration through the seat. When I turn on the air con and the revs increase a tiny bit, the vibration is gone. Pulling off in 1st & 2nd, there is a worrying rumbling, kind of deep resonating sound coming from the engine. Brought it to the main dealer and one mechanic took it out and said it was fine, another mechanic took it out and said he thought it was misfiring and then they hooked it up to the computer and said that they couldn't get into it. Service manager said possible ECU, possible huge expense to find the problem, etc, etc, BS. Turbo is working, still quite responsive, but I'm just nursing it along over the last few days. Exhaust is fine, replaced air filter and cleaned air flow meter but had no effect. I'm worried about gearbox/transmission.

Another mechanic with 15yrs experience in the main dealers has had it today. He got into the ECU but no faults came up. He tried replacing the injectors but no difference. He says he'd be very surprised if it was the air flow meter. I got the clutch replaced on Nov 07 and he wonders does the Dual Mass Flywheel needs replacing too? Ouch expensive!

Ring any bells with anyone?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/07/2008 at 20:06