insurance write off advice - wrigley
Hi all

any budding perry masons amongst you I had my van smashed apart on thursday by a hairy pink fluffy dice builder in a large transit van toally his fault ,on wrong side of road i,e, mine and hit me head on. severe frontal damage but possibly only panels radiator and whatever is behind there like a brand new starter motor only fitted last saturday at a cost of £167.00 my question is this if the insurers (virgin) deem that it is beyond economical repair where does that leave me I have fully comp insurance with business use, have never made a claim ever!! untill now so i dont know the drill except that they never offer you a true valuation to replace for example I have seen similar vans this age priced at £1500 so I am expectingt a ridiculous offer I would sooner mine be repaired as 1/ it is in superb pre accident condition2/ it has a new fiat dealership engine 27000miles ago costing £3.500 which I still have the receipt for3/ it is sign written all of which I believe have an intrinsic value( fancy word but probably spelt wrong) but you get my drift any advice on how to proceed in the event of a write off and rubbish offer and what value should I realisticly put on it and can I insist on a repair given the previous items mentioned

Thanks guys

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/06/2008 at 17:14

insurance - wrigley
I have been reading the posts on insurance write offs and the hj faqs page im in that position now my fiat scudo 2.0jtd x reg was smashed head on on my side of the road and many witnesses absolutely other persons fault.
long story short repairers have collected vehicle from recovery yard done estimate for repair which is bonnet wing lamps grill radiator etc etc cost £31500 submitted it to insurers (virgin) who have said its a total loss on cost basis repairers let me know this yesterday and I am now waiting for Insurers to contact me with ludicrous offer to replace. where can I find glasses guide type valuation for the van as i wish to prepare my case for rejecting the offer on the grounds that it was in first class pre accident condition it has a new engine fitted in 2004 by fiat dealers at a cost of £3.500.oo which I have got receipts for it was boarded out sign written roof rack all of which are going to cost me to replace so what value can I place on it Ive looked in auto trader and similar vans are going for £1800.00 but have done 100k miles any advice gratefully received

fore warned is fore armed as they say

thanks guys