95 2.2 Coupe Front Seats - das
Hi guys, just had my MOT failed on both of my front seats cannot be secured in the upright position. Tried the vaccum line that controls the seat mechanism and there is no vaccum present with the ignition switched on or the engine running. I seem to remember that someone said that the seats only lock when the car is moving? Can any one shed any light on this?
95 2.2 Coupe Front Seats - elekie&a/c doctor
I think you will find that the seats should be locked with engine running (vacuum applied).Pressing the black button at the top of the backrest should release the vacuum and allow passage to the rear seats .A broken/fractured vac line to either or both front seats will cause the system to malfunction.hth
95 2.2 Coupe Front Seats - gordonbennet
Right o Das.

Just tried mine, the seats will lock in upright position about 3 seconds after you start the car with doors shut, or visa-versa.

As soon as you stop the engine, the seat locks release.

They are a very uncommon car, and i wonder if the MOT tester hasn't come across this before.

Edit..i believe the vacuum unit is under the nsr seat.

Edited by gordonbennet on 06/06/2008 at 22:56

95 2.2 Coupe Front Seats - das
Cheers guys, just tried both with the engine running and doors closed and they work as advertised! MOT bloke must have not known how the system works! Will see what he has 2 say when i take back on monday.