New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Kevin Phillips-Bong!
My wife decided to buy a new Yaris back in March.

"Dismal" is the best description of the vehicle, in terms of build quality, presentation and the overall lack of interest from the supplying dealer. There has been a non-stop catalogue of minor and irritating faults, from lights not wired up through grille and number plate dropping off to fumes entering the cabin.

Nothing has been fixed first time. To drive the car lacks any power at all, is really noisy with mechanical racket competing with the rattling trim.

The car is back at the original dealers and I have refused to collect it. The dealer has indicated that ours is "normal for a Yaris" and is implying that our expectations were too high. Toyota Customer Services simply refer everything back to the dealer.

We have lost all confidence in the car, Toyota and especially the dealer.

So what next? The temptation is to leave the wretched thing with the dealer but I suspect they will try to charge for storage.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Pugugly
So what next ?

A Skoda - touch wood, in 6 months ownership and an unexpected 11k, nothings gone wrong. (apart from a rattle, which I've traced and may fix tomorrow with some double sided tape) oh and two pretty good dealers.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Kevin Phillips-Bong!
I think the replacement will be a Mazda 2 or a Honda Jazz. I was thinking more about what to do next with the little tin box.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - astrabob
If your Toyota dealer does not offer you a full refund plus any costs, then you must use a solicitor. That should do the trick.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - gordonbennet
WDB

How does this troublesome car compare to the demonstrator you tried?
Is it a lot noisier, was the demo as badly put together as this one, was the demo much quicker?

I'm surprised that toyo arn't interested in putting things right, it doesn't sound like the toyo i know.

Maybe a letter to toyo head office, explaining your grievance?
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Avant
Very unusual for a Toyota, Will - see my comments in the other Yaris thread that's running at the moment.

I suggest you try another Toyota dealer - I don't know where you live but Octagon Bracknell are excellent, and my elder daughter has had two totally reliable Yarises from them. Plenty of zing too, and (subjectively) feels livelier than the otherwise excellent Jazz.

These sound like minor problems that a good dealer would fix without trouble.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Avant
I hope and believe that Kevin's experience (I'm sure he was called something else when he started this thread!) is untypical - sorry to hear it nonetheless.

Elder daughter has just ordered her third 1.3 Yaris from Octagon Bracknell - an excellent privately-owned dealership (alongside Octagon Reading). Yaris no. 2 has done 55,000 completely trouble-free miles in just over 2 years; it's had a hard life but goes and looks just as new, with no rattles. The first one was fine as well.

She's now expecting to do a slightly lower mileage but we got a very good PCP deal (on a TR 1.3) still on 20k a year, and for £20 a month less than she's paying for the current one.

Interestingly that's £10 less a month than the PCP available on a Suzuki Swift 1.5 GLX despite the Suzuki dealer offering a slightly better trade-in allowance on the Yaris and for a car supposedly £1000 cheaper than the Yaris TR. She liked the Swift but her experience with two excellent Yarises and with the dealer made it an easy decision to stick with Toyota.
New Yaris 1.3 TR - Really Bad Experience - Brian Tryzers
Kevin changed his name to avoid being confused with me - thanks to Kevin and DD for sorting that out.

Coincidentally, I'm a Toyota customer too - but, so far, a satisfied one. Only three days and fewer than 100 miles gone, though, so I'll keep you posted.