got it home and...

the number plate is wrong by one digit!

the tax disc and other paper work is correct, just the plates are wrong

and the dealer is miles and miles away

and its now sunday

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Pugugly on 11/05/2008 at 09:51

Picked the new car up yesterday... - niceguyeddy
Call the Sales Manager today ask him to sort it if he cant go to Halfords get receipt and post it recorded to Dealer Principal.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Westpig
you won't be worrying about speed cameras, bus lane cameras or parking offences then
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Hamsafar
I'd be glad if this happened to me - in these modern times.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - ifithelps
you won't be worrying about speed cameras bus lane cameras or parking offences then

That all depends on what the correct number plate is currently attached to and how that vehicle is being driven.

I can forsee plenty of correspondence for both owners in the future if both cars happen to be a similar model/colour and one or both is involved in a traffic offence.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Pugugly
Would be an interesting one to try and explain to a ANPR enforcement Police Officer after a few Performance Indicators.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - nick
Years ago my father had a Ford Classic and it was only after a couple of years we noticed that the front and rear plates were different by one digit. The mot man never spotted it either.
>>
The mot man never spotted it either.

>>

He must have looked at the same end of the car each year.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - retgwte
cannot get plates made without the registration doc, and being a new car of course dont have one

so itll be a long trip back to supplying dealer

be driving it at risk of being stopped by anpr until then

car is of course insured in its correct reg no, no idea if the reg number it is showing is taxed and insured

missus will be driving and needs it for work next few days so we dont have much choice

hope plod have pity if they do stop us, in this case u really would hope they have better things to be going after

Picked the new car up yesterday... - J Bonington Jagworth
"That all depends on what the correct number plate is currently attached to"

It sounds as though the correct number plate doesn't exist yet. Unless the garage has made up two sets and fitted each to the wrong car...
It sounds as though the correct number plate doesn't exist yet. Unless the garage has made up two sets and fitted each to the wrong car...

JBJ,

At one time, dealers were given a batch of reg nos - say 25 at a time - and have the plates made up all at once.

When I worked for a Renault garage in the 1980s we would often give the customer a choice from the numbers we had.

Don't know the current system, though.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Avant
Don't let them get away with it or put yourself out - insist that they make up the correct plates and courier them to your office.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Mad Maxy
Don't let them get away with it or put yourself out - insist that they
make up the correct plates and courier them to your office.

Absolutely.
Picked the new car up yesterday... - Bill Payer
They should send someone with the new ones to change them - if they're drilled then needs to be in the right place and if they're stuck on then they can be hard to get off.