2001 1.8 Oil filter - miegas
Hi there!
I have a question about fitting new oil filter. I heard that it is better to put some oil into a new oil filter before threading it to its' place after engine oil change. Is that true? Or it's fine fitting it as it is - fresh and clean without any oil?

Thanks in advance!
2001 1.8 Oil filter - pendulum
I also heard it was good to part fill new filters with oil, so I tried it and I've been doing it ever since. When I used to start my engine after an oil change the oil pressure light would stay on a couple of seconds longer than normal, presumably whilst the new oil circulated. Now that I part fill the filters, I am sure the light goes out sooner.

There is oil in the filter when you take it off, so why not put new oil in the new filter when you put it on? I think it's a good tip and you have to oil the gasket ring anyway, so it's not much bother to tip some oil in while you're there.
2001 1.8 Oil filter - zookeeper
if i tried that on my car i would get oil all over the sterring rack, driveshafts,and exaust as its fitted horizontally
2001 1.8 Oil filter - piston power
We prime our filters at work but to be honest it does not matter because i don't and they work just fine..
2001 1.8 Oil filter - miegas
I think I'm gonna add some oil to my filter anyway.

Thanks for your answers folks!
2001 1.8 Oil filter - doctorchris
Probably a good idea to fill your filter with oil but, as most filters are installed horizontally, the oil drips everywhere before you get to screw the filter in. Hence the advantage of filling it is lost, lots of mess and wasted oil.
OK, so when you start the engine the oil pressure is low for a couple of seconds but it hardly wrecks the motor. After all, you don't give it max revs at that point.