97 2.5 Door Card Pop Fastners That Don't - rg
The Black things that click into white female bits on the inner door panel. Mine refuse to fasten, despite having got new male bits at a silly price from Halfords. 2.5. {note correct way of spelling Halfords!}

The previous owner had a disabled wife, and the door card was removed to help her sit more comfortably. I suspect that the white bits have simply become worn out, as the dealer I bought the car from five years ago had spent some time trying to get the card to sit back in place properly, and probably taken some inner diameter off them. They are probably only designed for ?one shot? anyway, I guess.

Does anyone have any tips on these? On my 405, I drilled a hole and bunged in an unobtrusive self-tapper out of sheer frustration...

I?ve tried PTFE tape, insulation tape, etc. Can the white bits be bought new separately?

It?s been one of those ?one step forward, three back? jobs:- I finally worked out how the forwardmost steel retaining pressing engages with the door skin and handle bolt (after over five years of owning the car?)

But the rest of the skin now flaps about around the edges?.

rg

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/05/2008 at 20:02

97 2.5 Door Card Pop Fastners That Don't - Peter.N.
I would think a scrap yard would be the best place, that's where I get most of my spares. there are also several being scrapped on ebay. I bought one for spares but it was so good I decided to repair it! otherwise I could have helped you, I've got three now! Also try 'club-xm.com' someone on there may be able to help you.