95 1.9td gearbox problem - isisalar
Clutch cable has gone.Got car stuck in first gear attempting to drive to garage for replacement job.Took a lot of effort to get out of gear and something broke in the process.It felt to me like the gear linkage.The garage have told me the linkage is ok and the problem is in the gearbox. the clutch cable is being fitted now. Will have to consider repair,reconditioned, or breakers yard gearbox I suppose. Anyone got any advice?
95 1.9td gearbox problem - Peter.N.
What exactly is the gearbox doing/not doing?
The gear linkage is all floppy and the garage have said they cant select reverse at all.The linkage in my peugeot partner (company)van went several times before it was fixed properly and it feels exactly the same.A bolt kept coming loose due to a lack of loctite/locking nut.Thats the best explanation I can give I'm afraid
95 1.9td gearbox problem - Peter.N.
I would suspect that it is the linkage, get a second opinion
95 1.9td gearbox problem - RichardW
Most likely that the longest of the 3 gear selector rods on top of the gearbox has either popped off the ball joint, or disintegrated. Cheap and easy to replace.

Has the cable gone, or is it just the pedal clip? If the clip, be prepared for a frightening amount of labour to fit a £5 part....
Thanks for the replies.It turned out to be a broken retaining clip?on the ball joint on the gear lever if that makes sense.I'd seen previous warnings posted here about the infernal clip which is why I didn't attempt the job myself.Much cursing from the garage though.I feigned ignorance and paid up gratefully.