02 diesel no power or acceleration - Michie
My Mazda 6 diesel 52 reg started losing power after about half an hours driving and once the engine rose to it's optimum temperature. It would then cut out completely and would not start again until the engine had cooled. I replace the oil, fuel and air filters but did not make any difference. I took it to the local Mazda dealer who seemed to think it was the injector pump and sent it off to be reconditioned. After waiting three weeks they phoned to tell me the diagnostics could not find a fault and it was still not running properly. They said it could be dirt in the fuel system and said they cleaned out the tank and fuel system. After that hadn't made any difference they then said it could be the micro filters in the injectors and they would need replaced costing at least £1000 on top of the £700 pounds they charged for the injector pump to be reconditioned. Anybody got any ideas and do you think I'm being taken
for a ride?

I think this belongs in Tech rather than Discussion

Edited by Pugugly on 12/04/2008 at 19:53

02 diesel no power or acceleration - AndyT
Fuel tank vent blocked, with vacuum building up as you drive, and easing off gradually when switched off?