Which car for kids has three large back seats? - babydays
Looking for a car that can take three children's car seats beside each other.

Not looking for a 7 seater, just something that can do the above and has a good sized boot. Don't want a very big car - just big boot and 3 kid's seats in back!

Other issue is that it will be 2nd hand and not too costly.

Which makes of car don't give (too many!) problems? Have been warned off Fiat (liked the size of the Multipla), Opel (have a Zafira that only gives trouble), Renault.

Which cars are reliable - particularly 2nd hand.

How much mileage should I be looking for (realistically?).

Any advice much appreciated!

Edited by Pugugly on 09/04/2008 at 22:20

which car has three large back seats? for kids car - Saltrampen
The Toyota Corolla Verso ? It has built in booster seats.
Avoid the MMT though.
It is a 7 seater, but best used in 5 seater mode as has wide back seat.
MPVs generally more unrealiable than normal hatches.
Some reviews mention difficult gearbox and rattles.

which car has three large back seats? for kids car - oldtoffee
A Picasso does what you want without being big and is a very comfortable drive too. I had a 2.0HDI for 45,000 miles and 2 years and it was very reliable and economical. They are good value new and also second hand with plenty around. You can pick up a more recent model Picasso for your money that other MPVS. It is a Citroen so it won't ultimately be as reliable as a Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc but it will cost you a fair bit less and like me (and a few others) you might not have any serious reliability issues - not all Citroens (or Renaults) are carp.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - LinuxGeek
Honda Civic (2000-2005/6) would be a good option for you. My Mrs has got a 1.6 i-VTEC and its very spacious, good to drive and touchwood as its Honda it should be reliable. It can accommodate 3 adults at the back without much squeezing!
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - Stuartli
I would have suggested exactly the same as NeilS - one of the key reasons for the Picasso's success has been the three rear seats and their ability to accommodate child seats.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - Bromptonaut
Berlingo/Partner would fit the bill, as might the Fiat Doblo.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - Alby Back
Some good suggestions above. My personal vote would go to the Picasso. My reason for this is not subjective. A good friend of mine bought a (then) two year old diesel Picasso SX four years ago. It was an very well priced at £7200 at the time with about 25k miles on it. The same car is still owned by my friend but is obviously now six years old and incidentally has 135k miles on it. He has had no unforeseen work done to the car and it still looks and drives very well. Would seem to be a very good car at a reasonable price which would suit your needs.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - Brian Tryzers
>The Toyota Corolla Verso ? It has built in booster seats.

The present Verso doesn't have built-in boosters, but I think the pre-2004 (5-seat) version did. The current one will comfortably take three boosters in the middle row, though - especially if you stagger the seats a little.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - SpamCan61 {P}
I suugest a forum search, this very topis was discussed at length about 3 weeks ago IIRC.
which car has three large back seats? for kids car - SpamCan61 {P}
This thread in fact:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=59425&...e