Useful DVLA contact numbers at end of this thread - Mapmaker

A car the V5 of which has gone astray recently, has been removed by the scrap man. How does one let the DVLA know?

Edited by Avant on 26/05/2013 at 00:54

Car scrapped, no V5 - commerdriver
Phone them and ask, I have called them with queries a couple of times they are pretty helpful. Likely in this case they will tell you to let them know as much as you can in a letter and that will be that
Car scrapped, no V5 - Dwight Van Driver
If it was your vehicle M then as you are no longer the owner there is an obligation at law to let DVLA know of the change in ownership, also that you have scrapped the vehicle.

Criminal offence not to do so.

DO IT NOW so that you don't get speeding tickets, parking tickets if it is put back on the road or cloned to another vehicle.

dvd
Car scrapped, no V5 - Mapmaker
>>DO IT NOW

How?

Edited to say, thank you for your response.

Edited by Mapmaker on 09/04/2008 at 16:27

Car scrapped, no V5 - FotheringtonThomas
If it's a reputable scrap merchant, they will have done it for you - ring them up and ask about it (they should have asked for your name and address anyway if you scrapped the car without a V5, and helpfully told you to write to DVLA to be on the safe side in case of bogus speeding tickets, etc.).
Car scrapped, no V5 - Olivia Burgess

I actually don't know...how to get the information about the DVLA but yes i can suggest you the place from where i've scrapped my Car.

(Edit - no you can't.)

Edited by Avant on 25/05/2013 at 01:38

Car scrapped, no V5 - Doc
Contacting DVLA:

You can use the following information or the online service to contact the DVLA.

Vehicle registration and tax enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6802
Text phone: 0300 123 1279
Fax: 0300 123 0798

Car scrapped, no V5 - Avant

The Burgess woman is a spammer but something useful has come out of it after all. Many thanks for that, Doc.

Car scrapped, no V5 - jc2

I've scrapped two cars and the neither dealer wanted the paperwork.I sent the V5's to the DVLA with a letter giving the details of the firm(in one case just the reg. number of the truck that carried it away).In both cases,the DVLA wrote back confirming disposal and thanking me.