Diesel Engine Questions - CubicCapacity
After reading the about the Mazda 6 Diesel, does anyone know if the same engine is in the 3, both the 1.6 & 2.0 guise. Any info pertaining to the Mazda 3 2 or 1.6 diesel engine would be useful, i.e belt driven or chain, has it got dpf, does it use Eolsys (?spelling), does the enging have any known weeknesses to date, is the engine a designed Mazda engine or some other manufacture. Is the engine shared with any other car or manufacturer?
Diesel Engine Questions - CubicCapacity
Anyone?
Diesel Engine Questions - daiking
The limit of my knowledge is that the engines in the mazda 3 are the Ford/PSA 1.6 & 2.0 hdi units.

And that the 1.6 has both a chain and a belt in the timing arrangment

Edited by daiking on 10/03/2008 at 22:52

Diesel Engine Questions - Pugugly
There's a discussion here somewhere about this engine. I'll try and summon up the energy to look for it. Seeing as you're new here you probably haven't seen it.
Diesel Engine Questions - Raman
Pugugly I was wondering if you found the information on the mazda 3 diesel?
Diesel Engine Questions - Pugugly
No - sorry I forgot, I'll try again in the morning..!
Diesel Engine Questions - rtj70
There's a new 2.2 diesel coming to the Mazda6 with over 180PS and 400Nm. I think it replaces the 2.0 and it's cleaner too! It will be coming to the Mazda3 as well I think.

This engine like the 2.0 has nothing in common with Ford/PSA engines.
Diesel Engine Questions - craig-pd130
Yes, looks interesting, that does :) under 150g/km of CO2 IIRC and under £20K, which would make it very interesting for company car drivers like me :)

Due next year apparently, the "first drive" in one of the mags was positive ...
Diesel Engine Questions - Rhubarb
There's also a new Mazda 3 on the way as well. From spy pictures of the saloon version it looks more like a facelift than a new car though.