Head light misting up to rain inside! - OldOiler
Had a comment from Seat regarding misting up of headlight assemblies which intimated that this was the norm on large area head lights. Have you had simlar experences on other cars [ this does not include where the lens has been pierced by a stone etc.??
Head light misting up to rain inside! - Paul I
Yes the same thing happens to my wifes Altea, I took to a dealership who also said it was normal and only if the lens becomes completely fogged will they replace.

I also spoke witha large Hella reseller who said basically the problem is the size of empty "air" space inside the lens. The bulbs don't generate enough heat to dry the moisture so it will cure natuarally with UV Sunlight he said it's a common design fault not of any particualr make could effect valeo lens as well. - rather its that style of lens with resessed lights.
Head light misting up to rain inside! - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Had the same with my Passat on occasion.
Check that a cover or grommet has not dropped off the rear of the misted headlight.
Replace or make a new one like I did.
To clear the misting pronto, open up any access covers on the rear of the headlight unit and carefully play a hair dryer on one, so as to get a throughflow of air.
Replace all covers once misting has gone.
Head light misting up to rain inside! - L'escargot
I had it on a 1999 Focus and the headlight was willingly changed under warranty. The explanation for the failure was that during the early period of Focus production the outer casing at the back of some units could become cracked during assembly because of inadequate control of bolt/screw torques. There was no quibble from either the dealer or Ford regarding it being a legitimate warranty claim.
Head light misting up to rain inside! - 659FBE
Dry out the lamp unit as best you can (leave high beams on with rear covers removed - then charge battery).

Fit the largest dry silica gel pack you can find to the inside of the access hatch, making sure that it does not interfere with the lamp itself. This will usually do the trick.

Head light misting up to rain inside! - OldOiler
I have done ALL this to no avail, but had more success with the back cover off [which I don't like due to possible water ingress] if this continues I might try drilling 2 small holes in the back cover which will reduce possible ingress. ........................
Head light misting up to rain inside! - grumpy100
Hi

Happened recently to my toyota avensis under warranty. Headlamp misting up to a not very large degree. Both headlamp units replaced by dealer without quibble.

I had a similar problem on my previous citroen picasso's foglights. Again replaced under warranty.

It strikes me that Seat aren't playing the game.
Head light misting up to rain inside! - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I'd not advise drilling holes. Keep as much moist air out once it is dry.

BTW the Hyundai is now suffering from the same ailment! ;>)
Head light misting up to rain inside! - L'escargot
I'd not advise drilling holes. Keep as much moist air out once it is dry.

I agree. Holes in the outer casing will allow moist ambient air to be sucked back in when the unit cools after it has been switched off.